Dr. Mariana Bozesan interviews:
Prof. Dr. Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker
Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker thinks that one major reason why communism failed is because its prices didn’t reflect the economic truth. In a similar way, he suspects that capitalism could go down too if its prices don’t reflect the ecological truth. In drawing from his latest report to the Club of Rome, Come On, von Weizsäcker outlines several ways of how to address current systemic challenges and create jobs post COVID-19. He reminisces from his time as a member of the German parliament where he was instrumental on the introduction of an ecological tax reform that taxed “what we don’t want and untaxed or reduce taxes for what we want…By making more profitable to lay off kilowatt hours instead of people, this system has saved and created some 300,000 jobs in Germany.”
Professor Dr. Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker is an icon of the sustainability movement and a former member of the German parliament. He was president of the Club of Rome and a professor at several renowned universities and institutes, including the UN Centre for Science and Technology. Ernst is the founder of the Wuppertal Institute, which he developed into a leading think tank on energy efficiency, material flows and climate policy.
Enjoy the show!
- Ernst’s personal website: http://ernst.weizsaecker.de
- “Come On” book website: https://www.amazon.de/Come-Capitalism-Short-termism-Population-Destruction/dp/1493974181
- Ernst on Wikipedia (de): https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Ulrich_von_Weizsäcker
- Podcast website: https://aqalgroup.com/podcast
- Apple Podcasts: https://apple.co/33nb8Oi
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2ZumnmD
- Overcast: https://bit.ly/2FwkBuo
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/investmentwende
- Amazon music: The Investment Turnaround
- Youtube playlist: https://bit.ly/3irCSr9
- Subscribe to this YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/3hnNl5D
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AQAL_Group
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MarianaBozesan
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marianabozesan/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mariana.bozesan
- Medium: https://email@example.com
- Investment Turnaround website: https://investment-turnaround.com
DISCLAIMER: The AQAL Foundation informs our listeners that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed by the interviewees of our Investment Turnaround Podcast belong solely to the author and do not represent the views nor the opinions of the AQAL Foundation, its founders, or other associated group of individual.
Narrated by Albert Bozesan, produced by Peak State Entertainment